CONNELL’S HOUSE & BARN BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
By booking Connell’s House or Connell’s Barn – whether through our website or through a third party booking website – you agree with us that the booking and booking contract are subject to the Booking Terms and Conditions which are set out below.
WITHIN THESE BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS:
“you” and “your” means the person whose name appears in the booking confirmation as the party leader, but these Booking Terms and Conditions apply to all other persons in the party (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date);
“we”, “us” and “our” means Connell’s House & Barn, Main Street, Duleek, County Meath A92 TDK7, Republic of Ireland;
“booking” means the process set out below leading to the formation of the booking contract;
“booking contract” means the legal binding agreement between you and us which comes into effect once a booking is confirmed by us in writing;
“property” means the property or properties in respect of which a booking is made;
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- You must be aged 18 years or over when the booking is made.
- We do not advertised our properties as party houses, venues or event spaces.
- You may occupy the property for the purpose of a holiday or business trip only. The properties are limited to the occupancy numbers as indicated on your booking confirmation.
- Bookings for stag and hen parties are not permitted without our prior consent. Our consent may be subject to additional terms and conditions including an enhanced security deposit.
- When you submit a booking request through our website, you will receive an automated booking summary by email. It will be sent to the email address you provided on the booking form. This does not mean your booking has been confirmed nor does it form a contract between us.
- Once your provisional booking has been accepted by us and all payments then due have been made, we will confirm your booking in writing. All bookings are provisional until confirmed by us in writing, at which point a booking contract is formed. Please contact us immediately if any information which appears on the booking confirmation is incorrect or incomplete.
- When booking directly with us, a deposit of 30% of the total rental cost of the property must be made at the time of the provisional booking. When booking via third party websites, deposits are subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant website.
- Bookings made less than 60 days prior to your arrival date, must be paid in full at the time of the provisional booking.
- All bookings remain provisional until the payment has been received in cleared funds. If a payment has not been made within 72 hours of making the provisional booking, the provisional booking will be cancelled.
- The balance of the rental cost must be paid in full in cleared funds 60 days prior to your arrival date, unless you have already authorised us to take the balance payment from your debit or credit card. A reminder will be sent to you by email one week before this date. We reserve the right to cancel a booking where payment has not been received 60 days prior to your arrival date, in which case the deposit will not be refunded.
- No entry to any properties will be permitted without payment, in full, being cleared.
- All payments must be made in Euros.
- The rental cost includes Value Added Tax at thirteen and a half percent. If the rates of VAT change, we reserve the right to amend the rate accordingly.
- Cancellation by you of your booking must be given in writing by email. The effective date of cancellation is the date we receive your written notification and the cancellation charges as outlined below will apply.
- If you cancel 60 days or more prior to your arrival date, your deposit will be refunded.
- If you cancel 60 days or less prior to your arrival date, your balance payment will be refunded, your deposit payment will not be refunded.
- If we are able to re-let all or some of your selected dates, you will receive a full or partial refund relative to the number of dates we have been able to re-let.
- Please note a €50 cancellation fee will be applied to all refunds. This covers fees incurred and administration time.
- When booking via third party websites, the cancellation policy will be dictated and administered by the third party website.
ALTERATIONS TO A BOOKING
- The dates of a booking may be altered providing the property is available for the new dates and we accept the new booking. A booking may not be altered within 30 days of your arrival date. An altered booking is when you move your selected dates from one time period to another. If your altered booking includes reducing your length of stay, for example, from two weeks to one week, it will be regarded as a cancellation and the cancellation policy will apply.
- A security deposit is required to cover the cost of any damage or breakages to or at the property, its contents or grounds, any additional cleaning required over the time allowed for a standard departure clean, replacement of lost or non-returned keys (and replacement of locks if necessary), the cost of professionally cleaning the soft furnishings where the no smoking rule has been ignored, replacement of soiled mattresses, over occupancy of guests or taking pets into a property that does not permit pets.
- We will hold your credit or debit card details used to pay the deposit or balance of the booking for the security deposit.
- If you fail to provide credit or debit card details for the purpose of the security deposit, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and the cancellation policy will apply.
- The credit or debit card provided in respect of the security deposit must be valid for one month after the departure date.
- We or the housekeeper will inspect the property after your departure. We will only notify you if there is any cause to charge a proportion or all of the security deposit.
- We will notify you of any damage or breakages within 5 working days of your departure from the property. Charges up to the value of €50 are at our discretion. You will be charged where the cost of repair or replacement total €50 or more. In the event of minor breakages i.e. glasses/crockery cash should be left for replacement.
- You are responsible for the security of the property throughout the duration of your stay. You must ensure all windows, doors and the garden gate are closed and locked when departing from the property each day during your stay.
- You are responsible for the property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings, equipment and effects in or on the property grounds. You must leave them in the same state of repair and condition at the date of your arrival and in the same state of good condition in which they were found. We reserve the right to make a deduction from your security deposit for any additional cleaning required over the usual number of hours allocated to departure cleaning.
- Mattresses are inspected after every booking. In the event of a mattress being soiled, you will be charged for a new mattress.
- You will be charged for the cost of replacing bed linen and towels with permanent staining including tanning products and cosmetics.
- You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy or immoral activities or carry out any act that may be a nuisance to the neighbouring properties.
- Smoking is not permitted inside or outside the properties and in the event of flouting this condition, your security deposit will be deducted the cost of professionally cleaning the soft furnishings.
- Sleeping in tents or motor vehicles adjacent to the accommodation is not permitted under any circumstances.
- Internet access is provided for your convenience. You agree to reasonable and lawful usage of this service.
CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTRO (FORCE MAJEURE)
- If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance of your arrival due to circumstances beyond our control, for example, fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, damage to the property (force majeure) the cost of your booking will be refunded in full. If we have to cancel your stay during your holiday for any of the above reasons, you will be refunded the remainder of the cost of your stay. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable to you the guest.
- The cost quoted in your booking confirmation includes gas, electricity and water services.
- All bed linen, towels and toiletries are included in the cost quoted in your booking confirmation. Additional bed linen and towels can be supplied at an extra cost, in addition to the cost quoted in your booking confirmation.
- Where two families or two groups of friends jointly book a property, the booking will be made in one name only – that person (you) will be responsible for all deposit and balance payments, including the security deposit.
LOSS OF YOUR PROPERTY
- We cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage to any of your belongings, or for any injury sustained by you or members in your party staying in the properties.
OUR RIGHT TO REFUSE
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking, and in exceptional circumstances, to cancel, modify or alter your booking. If a booking has to be cancelled, modified or altered by us, we will refund all paid monies to you in full.
RIGHT OF ENTRY
- You may occupy the property for the purpose of a holiday or business trip only. The properties are limited to the occupancy numbers as indicated on your booking confirmation. You must arrive and depart within the hours indicated on your booking confirmation.
- If you bring a bicycle(s) on holiday, please to do not take them into the properties.
- Pets are not permitted in the properties and in the event of flouting this condition, you will be asked to leave, without a refund for the remaining dates of your stay. Your security deposit will be charged for any additional cleaning fees that occur due to having pets in the properties.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any queries, please contact us by telephone on 083 152 1116 (local) or 00353 83 152 1116 (international) or email us at email@example.com